What are we doing here again?
Remember when we were kids? All of us ran. We ran in the playground, in the halls at school, at home, in the grocery store and everywhere else we went...and we loved every minute of it. As adults running has become something different, the fun part seems to have gone away and running is something we have to do either to stay or get back into shape. Hashing puts the fun back into running. It takes us on an anything goes adventure with the added bonus of beer. Pounding through terrain and obstacles that were probably never intended to be used as a running path. Rewarding your sense of adventure (or lack of common sense) with cuts, scrapes, friends, and sweet sweet beer. The object is to have as much fun as possible without getting arrested or killed. Also, the health aspects can't be overlooked. The stress relief is phenomenal. Running is one of the very best aerobic exercises and it's been proven with science that 3 or 4 beers a day increases the average life-span (all Hashers live to be 120).
Sounds great, how does it work?
What do I need to bring?
- Hash cash (usually $5)
- Valid ID (in case we end up in a bar)
- Dress appropriately for being outside and performing physical activity (if you decide to wear clothing that is). Trails vary but may include water, mud and scary dive bars.
- You may want a whistle if you tend to wander off alone.
Are there things I should NOT bring?
- Pets (They won't finish trail...trust us.)
- Children (There are some kid friendly hashes, this isn't one of them. Bringing kids would be an epic parenting mistake.)
- Anything you can't carry several miles
- Anything you don't want to get dirty/sweaty/wet
- Drama (although it tends to show its ugly head from time to time)
- Drugs (despite the name, it has NOTHING to do with illegal substances)